Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Awed by the Dancing: VERIVERY & DONGKIZ

 I practiced Korean today. I picked up a few useful words I didn't know before also. Mostly, I'm still practicing with my conversational Korean right now. I feel like it's going well...

...but I may have to ask one of my boys on KakaoTalk to check my pronunciation. I feel like it's pretty good..?


Mad Dog

I'm watching three kdramas right now. This one is mostly for Woo Do-Hwan, since he was good in Sweet Stranger and Me, and he kept coming up in image searches for Seo Kang Joon... I knew who he was before I saw him at all.


He was pretty frosty and stoic in Sweet Stranger and Me (top image). Quite fierce, really. Color me surprised when he popped up in Mad Dog for the first time all dorky and cutesy (bottom image). I mean, really:


He was incredibly intimidating in Sweet Stranger and Me, which the deep voice and expressionless, cold face. And look at this dude. To be fair, it seems to be a sweet ACT rather than reality. But still, he is killing it. Like a night and day difference.



Dance Practices

Today, I found two dance practice videos that were 1. by groups I've never heard before, 2. were crazy good, and 3. were to good songs as well.


The first is "Lupin" by DONGKIZ. I had never heard of them or even seen their name before. They aren't new either. They debuted two years ago.

Not only is the footwork crazy and the subtle movement in sync to a high degree, but they do literal magic in the dance. I watched that part at normal speed and slowed down a bunch... didn't help. The mirror also has been edited to have no reflection, so that wasn't helpful. They had me totally shocked.




The second is "Thunder" by VERIVERY. Now, I have seen their name around. I didn't look up the group, but I think they're fairly new and got the vibe that they were with a smaller label. To be honest, some of the most talented dance groups seem to be with small labels.

At any rate, they are in sync. Like... mind-blowing level of in sync on some really difficult choreo. I mean Seventeen-esque in sync. It is wild. The song is also sick... it made the playlist. I'm going to have to check out some more.


파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...