Monday, April 12, 2021

Kingdom: Legendary War ep2 - Just WOW

I still haven't studied much. But I'm watching a few shows... Forest and Come and Huge Me. Both are good. Both are about 5 episodes from over. So today, I bailed... I'm watching Kingdom and general videos


Kingdom ep 2 Highlights


The Boyz killed it. At first, I wasn't that impressed, even with the other groups oohing and aahing. But the above sequence was stunning. 

The colors are what really makes it unique. I've seen dances that had this fabric with hands grabbing. However, it is usually more nightmare-like. The vibrancy is what makes it pop... and it really really popped!




IKON chose to pair their most popular song, "Love Scenario" with their best song "Killing Me". At least, that is my take. I think I liked "Bling Bling" before I ever heard "Killing Me".

And I think that I heard "Killing Me" a million times before "Love Scenario". I think the latter is cute, while the former is an amazing track I've heard countless times. It beats all other tracks they have. I don't know where they'll go from here in the "epic song" category. You know




I had never heard the BTOB song before, but I cried during that performance. Eunkwang is such an amazing singer that as soon as he belted out the note at the climax, I cried. 


Aside from missing someone, I caught none of the lyrics either... but it was so touching. I was right there with ATEEZ's Seonghwa.


Kingdom ep1 Recap

I fell asleep at some point while watching this last night. I know I watched all of BTOB's performance, so it must have been almost over. I've got to say that I have been super impressed with them so far. 

I had seen BTOB in clips. Mostly interviews, funny moments. Maybe interacting with other idols. They seemed like fun guys. I had no idea they were a vocal heavy group until I saw Kingdom ep1. They blew me away. My ranking for ep1:

  1. BTOB
  2. The Boyz
  3. Stray Kidz
  4. IKON
  5. SF9
  6. ATEEZ
Sorry, not sorry. ATEEZ was the biggest shock for me. They are usually great performers, but I found their presentation very lacking. First, they sounded out of key at times while singing over their vocal tracks. Not a fan of that.

Plus, the dancing wasn't as thrilling as usual either. The camera work was all over the place. San with a torch was about the only cool part. Fight me. I'll be over here sticking to my opinions and waiting for ep3.

화이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...