Friday, April 9, 2021

Seventeen Again: Official Carat

 I wanted to study today and didn't get to really. I reviewed maybe 30 vocabulary words, and that's it. I meant to when I got home too, but again, I didn't.

I've been so busy with the liquidation and all at work... plus interviewing. I had an interview yesterday and already got a call back for my 2nd interview tomorrow. Seems like a formality. Fingers crossed.


Seventeen Stan for Life

As for why I didn't do it when I got home, well... I intended to watch a quick kpop video or two tonight, but I got sucked hardcore into Seventeen choreo videos. I've been watching dance practices, relay videos, and choreo performance videos for at least 5 hours. 

And I'm not even close to bored.

Even their simplest choreos are so clean that I can't stand it. Plus, it is hard to believe that they are all this good at dancing. They're like scary dance robots.

And it isn't as though they're cold and calculated in their movements. Their extensions are good, the level of emotion is good, and the performance is good. But they're alien-level synchronized. I've seen many many many hours of them now, and I still can't get over it. Might never get over it.


Revisiting Seventeen Members

So... I realized tonight that I officially recognize all of the members on sight. Finally. For most groups, I watch them appear on reality shows and in interviews and learn their names that way pretty easily. But for Seventeen, I just want to watch them dance forever... so I haven't done that.

I learned just through the dance videos and looking up the few I couldn't remember when they'd float to the front. Now, I said my initial reactions the night I first checked them out as a whole group (Seventeen: Dance Masters of the Universe).

I also wrote about having trouble recognizing them in a later post. I still think some of the members look like siblings. Hoshi and Woozi, for sure. They're probably the easiest to mix up for me even now... unless I'm either watching them dance (Woozi is good, but Hoshi...). Or if they are standing next to, well, anyone. Woozi is pretty easy to spot in a crowd.

So how did my initial reaction hold up?


1. The8 - Still one of my top faves easily. I love him. Honestly, I think he is my favorite dancer in the group.

2. Hoshi - Still super impressed with his choreos. Impressive. I have come to appreciate him as a dancer much more too. He is up there with The8, but I just love the varied styles The8 pulls off... just as much as the varied styles Hoshi choreographs. I mean... damn.

3. Dino - Still about the same. He is a super good dancer. Strong in his movements.

4. Jun - I've come to notice his effortless dancing and grace more now. He's my least favorite style-wise of the three, but he is clearly an amazing dancer.

5. DK - No contest... he is still my favorite singer. I still think he's a fun type too.

6. Seungkwan - Still think his vocals are excellent. I think he's the funniest member too, to be honest. His confidence seems real and unforced. 

7. Woozi - I wasn't a huge fan of the music itself for a long time. I've seen Seventeen choreos for years here and there, but I never was enticed by the music. However, the more I see, the more I'm impressed with the compositions, even if they aren't all things I want to hear all the time. Current fave: "Change Up" for sure. Such an amazing summer vibe.

8. Wonwoo - Still really like Wonwoo's vibes. Nice deep voice. He's most attractive to me and stood out right away for his chill attitude and intelligence. I still like him best of the rap line, if not for his rap just for his vibes.

9. S Coups - He grew on me. I like his rap. He is a super good dancer too.


Now, I almost feel bad for not mentioning Vernon, Mingyu, Jeonghan, and Joshua specifically, but my opinions haven't changed on them. They're all.. okay? Usually I think the American rappers are pretty slick and definite standouts too... but Vernon still hasn't really grabbed me. Mingyu has almost grabbed me but not quite.

And that is my fairly thorough Seventeen update. I would say they're one of my top 3 favorites, easily... if not #1. I have probably spent more time watching them than any other group... and I haven't even seen guest appearances or MVs or their reality shows for the most part. They're that good at dancing... I became a stan just from that.

화이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...