Thursday, April 15, 2021

BTOB's New Baby Melody & A Piece of Your Mind ep1-3

 I have studied a bit of Korean since my last post. I did two lessons and reviewed a bunch of vocab. Better than I had been doing. However, I am pretty excited about wo recent things.


A Piece of Your Mind

This drama had been on my watchlist pretty much since I started watching kdramas. I liked the general idea. I find tech intriguing... VR, AI, software development, etc. I'm a geek, what can I say?

Then, I watched Jung Hae-In in While You Were Sleeping, and he stole the show in my opinion. I was pretty much an instant fan. Meanwhile, I adore Chae Soo-Bin and have watched her in many dramas (I Am Not a Robot 1, 2, 3 & Where Stars Land were some faves).

That said, I am surprised at how lovely the cinematography is. I've also seen a fair bit of symbolism in this drama. It is more like an arthouse film or something at times. It trusts its audience to think for themselves. It doesn't spoon feed us. I like all of that.

I also appreciate some odd things that would normally annoy me. Personally, I prefer honesty. I don't lie or sugarcoat well at all. I don't feel the need. Probably because I was forced to lie every day of my childhood about fundamental things. I am not a fan.


And yet, I find it refreshing somehow that she lies to him about the last moments of Ji Soo, his first childhood love (that he is still somehow in love with as an adult--normally I'd call bullshit but let it go for dramaland). To be fair, her last moments were not ideal. That said, my usual philosophy would be honesty.

Somehow though, she spins it into a "she would want you to eat and take care of yourself" message, since he isn't eating well. Koreans are obsessed with eating well, so I imagine Ji Soo would have approved.

Second, she manages to compliment herself as well. She says that Ji Soo would have complimented him on finding HER. Normally, that would also irritate me, but Chae Soo-Bin is charming enough to get away with almost anything.

In short, I love it.


BTOB: Baby Melody

Since watching Kingdom ep2, I have watched probably 15 hours worth of BTOB. I've listened to "This Is BTOB" on Spotify for several hours as well. I have come to several conclusions.

1. These guys give fewer fucks than any other idol group I've seen.

2. They are devastatingly funny.

3. They sing like a dream.

4. I love Seo Eunkwang. 100% my bias. Fastest bias of all time.

For real, I cannot get enough of Eunkwang. He seems sweet and genuine (I mean, geez... watch the clip singing with mum. Too heartwarming for words). He is an epic singer. His rapping has amazing flow. And he dances super well too.

AND he is the leader? Like... how is he not everyone's bias? I saw some rankings, and he was at the bottom for the group every time. Blasphemy. If you don't love this talented man, I don't understand what you're doing with your life.

화이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...