Monday, January 18, 2021

Robot Kisses & More Seventeen

 Today, I listened to a Talk to Me in Korean podcast to refresh myself on a past lesson and also practice my listening skills. I went through maybe 30 vocab words and went over the last 3 lessons again... just making sure I've got it down.


Robot Kisses

I watched several more episodes of I Am Not a Robot last night before I went to bed. There was quite a bit of focus on kissing. Surprisingly, this wasn't as sweet as some of the previous episodes. The male MC had never been kissed, as he had been in seclusion since childhood because of his "allergy" to people.

There has been several mentions of the "prevertedness" of this guy wanting to 'do things' with a robot. I wonder if that is culturally just not a think in Korea? Or is this like... PC family-safe TV talk?

Surely they are aware of Real Dolls and the like? Is a sex doll even considered kinky in the U.S.? I'd say not really. I don't see the appeal myself. However, I think it is only really weird when they treat it like an actual girlfriend and whatnot. That's... a bit extra. But maybe I also have a super high tolerance for kinks. Pretty sure it's just fairly normal though.

That said, he sort of learned how to prepare for a kiss with his robot, though they never actually kissed. But of course, plans fell through and then the robot-not-robot decided to kiss him. He was outraged that she "stole" his first kiss (fair enough I guess), but at the same time super into it.

What followed though? One or more full episodes of him being petty because he can't handle his feelings. Like, bruh... just calm down. No? A bit of a drama queen there. There are other robot love stories (as referenced in the title of my previous post, Another Robot Love Story) . Pretty sure these two didn't minded kissing robot lips:



Or I guess maybe it's precious male ego that couldn't handle 1. the woman making the first move and 2. that the first wasn't his "perfect" woman, hmmm? For those who don't know, the above dramas are Absolute Boyfriend (not, I repeat NOT, a fun little rompy rom-com) and Are You Human Too? 

On a side note: Seo Kang-Joon. That is all.


Seventeen - Guide #2

I decided to watch the same long ass guide to Seventeen again. This time to help put names with faces. I'm skipping through a little bit, but I think I've got some of them down. On sight, I know:

S Coups, Woozi, Jeonghan, Seungkwan, Wonwoo, Dino, Vernon, Jun... and of course, this guy:

DK is a unique dude in looks, character, and vocals. He isn't the one I'm leaning toward as my bias (still The8, as mentioned in my last post), but he is something else.

I seem to get Minkyu mixed up with Wonwoo until I see Wonwoo... then I'm like, "Oh, that one was Minkyu". This time through, it reconfirmed that he has such great flow too. Man. So good.

I 100% have The8 down too, but I sometimes also think Joshua is The8 from certain angles. With this many members, it would be surprising if a few didn't look like they could be actual brothers.

Hoshi seems to be the absolute hardest. I swear he sometimes looks like Seungkwan and sometimes looks like Woozi? Sorta cutesy, round-faced, but I swear he looks totally different from like EVERY angle. Still trying to nail that down. I know him when I see him dance though. Damn. This guy!

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...