Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Another Robot Love Story

 There was much debate tonight over what to watch. I finished Mad Dog yesterday. That is an underrated masterpiece in my view. Very well written espionage and whatnot. I moved on to Secret Love Affair, but to be honest, I almost fell asleep watching it last night because it was so boring.


I Am Not a Robot

I was looking for something light and cute, since I've been watching more serious dramas recently. So I played the opening of I Am Not a Robot, and I thought it was definitely light and cute. But... I wanted to watch something serious.

So I started Watcher, which is super high on my agenda. Seo Kang-Joon is still my 100% favorite at this point. If there are kdrama biases, he is my bias for sure. But I got distracted by my grammar convo with 김근용 and looking for the audio/vocab lists for my new book that it was a while before I actually got around to playing it.

By then? Was more in the mood for something light and silly like... I Am a Robot. So, that's what I'm watching. Hey, I go where my mood takes me! I still fully intend to start the Watcher when I want a serious drama. It looks SO good.


Thoughts Thus Far

I like the general vibe. The production quality is pretty high. From the pictures I'd seen, neither Yoo Seung-Ho or Chae Soo-Bin seemed very cute, but in action, both of them are pretty adorable. I haven't seen either before, but both are on my watchlist for other dramas (A Piece of Your Mind with Jung Hae-In comes to mind).

I have barely started the drama yet, but I think this might turn out to be a pretty definitive take on the show. It's got a tiny bit of the "drama" and a whole lot of the cutesy romance. The above pictures are, essentially, the reality (fully clothes and floating alone in a pool trying to convince himself that he is fine being alone)... and the way she sees him for the first time, glowing and starry and framed by the sun.


Korean Practice

Today, I went through another new lesson. I went over the last two lessons as well. And I asked 김근용 about something that had been bothering me for a few days. I couldn't quite figure it out and he helped me.

He literally had to draw me a diagram. But he helped me! 

I also got my very first Korean textbook. I expected it to be a bit thicker, but it is a good 150 pages or so. It is light on "lesson" and heavy on practice. I want to practice! There is also audio sections to practice listening skills, which I need. I've already covered a whole lot of this book... but that's okay. I will get to practice, right?

It came with a CD, so at first, I was slightly annoyed that I'd have to rip a CD, something I haven't had to do since the early 2000's. But someone already did that and threw it on YouTube. So, that will be easy enough. The vocab for the book is also on Memrise thanks to some user or other. That will be helpful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...