Saturday, February 6, 2021

Seo In-Guk: I Do (and Don't) Get It

 I've been studying. Vocabulary as well as speech, and all is well there. I've been keeping it very regular. I really only took a break from blogging for a while. 

Work has been wearing me out a bit... so I needed some extra rest. I felt like I was coming down with something for over a week, but it never became more than just... not feeling well.


Shopping King Louis

I may have watched some other dramas since my last post, but I just finished Shopping King Louis tonight. It was super cute. 

The side characters were all pretty endearing, which stood out in an otherwise straightforward drama. It was predictable at every turn, but it was a cute and mindless watch. That's what I needed.


Seo In-Guk: An Odd One

So, one of the reasons that I watched the drama was because I like Seo In-Guk. It's weird to me in many ways that I like him. I haven't yet figured it out.

First, I don't find him particularly attractive for a leading man. When I first saw him, I actually thought quite the opposite. He looks a bit better with a neutral expression, but he looks totally goofy smiling. Either way, it isn't the reason.

Second, he plays characters that are often childish. I'm sure it is supposed to be charming or make you want to take care of him. Most of the time though, I sort of want to slap him. 

Third, he seems super awkward physically. He's a bit twitchy, is always making awkward movements with his fingers, hands, and arms. It's just... unusual. I don't really see the charm in that either.

Fourth, his acting is incredibly hammy. Like... it is wild just how over-the-top he gets. In any given scene, his face becomes that of a real-life cartoon character. Like, say, the gif above, which is his reaction to being told to keep his mouth shut. On the one hand, it's amusing. On the other, it's super obnoxious.

Fifth, I know that he is supposed to be one of the mythical "good stage kissers" in kdrama or whatever. I umm... haven't really found that to be the case? Just saying.

Yet somehow, I really like him. Every time I see him, I just... don't get it.

파이팅!

4 comments:

  1. Well.. all the reasons you stated that isn't it are the reasons I like him😆 plus his voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah... I know he is a singer but have never heard him sing. Maybe I should check that out too! 👍

      Delete
  2. Thank you for very usefull information.. voice search agency

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...