Saturday, March 13, 2021

Classic Dramas & Getting Much Better at Korean (Still Trash Though)

 It has been quite a while since I posted anything. I was busy with work. I never stopped studying through! I'm doing well. Apparently, I speak Korean pretty well if I'm drunk af. Tested that out last night in between dancing my ass off and singing EXO songs loud enough to wake the neighbors.


Getting to the Classics

I've watched lots of dramas since my last post, obviously. But I'm making an effort to watch some of the really huge titles. Just recently, I watched Secret Garden (2010)

It's a bit cheesy, but the male lead is pretty fun to watch. I like that the FL wasn't a weakling, which is still rare in dramas. I love Yun Sang-Hyun in absolutely everything though, so that was my favorite part for sure!


I watched Suspicious Partner, which is a newer classic that people seem to love. I agree. It was really good. I love a damaged male lead. Turns out, I just really like Ji Chang-Wook. Great bromance in that one too. Love a good bromance. I also watched him in Melting Me Softly right after because I enjoyed his performance.


Currently Watching

There were other new classics and whatnot that I watched. Right now, I'm watching another modern classic that people are obsessed with. Descendants of the Sun. I can see why people love it. Constant eye candy or not.

Man, the English acting is trash though. The bad guy? Please. Song Joong-Ki is better at acting in English than that dude. It's crazy. I have noticed that it's often the case with the native English speaking actors. They're awful in dramas. The scenery more than makes up for it though.


And another amazing bromance too. I seriously love those two together more than either of their love interest relationships. I could watch them drink together, run from a hoard of pissed off soldiers together, etc for hours.



In short, so far so good. I dig it. I'm on I think episode 13 or 14, and I'm still pretty much hooked. It's solid.


Studying

I re-downloaded a grammar app that was useless to me when I first started. It was too advanced for me, even though it's super basic. So I guess that is some level of improvement.

I've been practicing with that, cranking through vocab at a much more decent pace (up to 750 or so words now from the app--so probably over 1000 considering all sources). I'm getting faster at speaking in Korean as well. Working on it!

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...