Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Kdramas: When Orphans Find a Home

 I went through two lessons today. One was a quick review for me. The other was new info that I found pretty easy, so I think I've got it already. I also practiced in the shower... it's a surprisingly nice and quiet place to practice speaking.


Found a Home

Quite some time ago, I wrote about the loneliness theme concerning Mad Dog. I found it interesting that the two male MCs both had no family left, but one is cared for and loved while the other is genuinely alone. I said in the post that it would be nice watching them become one team.

I was correct. It is very satisfying to see. First, Pentium screamed "hyung!" and literally walked in front of a blade to save Woo Do-Hwan's character, Dr. Kim Min Joon. That had me crying. He lived with the other male MC (Mad Dog) for a time, and they bonded quite a bit.

There have been some brief comments about how Dr. Kim is like family to Mad Dog now. That includes when Dr. Kim asked him to stop assaulting someone, and Mad Dog said that it was as though his wife and son were asking.

The rest of the team teases him quite a bit now. He can't hold his liquor (as seen above). He has a weak punch. He is so good with the ladies. Him and Jang flirting... they tease for all of it, and it is clear he is part of the team.


Sweet Scene

I think this scene brought it all together though. Pentium is spending the night because, though Dr. Kim doesn't know it, there is someone out to kill him. So 'Tium is protecting him.

Before they fall asleep, Pentium warns Dr. Kim that if he hurts Player Jang, he will die by their hands. Sure, Kim is rich and pale and handsome... but he is untrustworthy and seems like he would cheat on his women.

Dr. Kim Min Joon denies that their relationship is that way, insists that he never wants to see her cry either, and hears another threat: "Just remember, the three of us (rest of the team) will kill you if you make her cry".

Kim rolls over to sleep and mutters that it must be nice for Jang to have three dependable oppas looking out for her. "I'm jealous".

Pentium's response was simple: "You have three too. You have two dependable hyungs and a dongsang who will take care of anyone who makes you cry too."

Do-Hwan played the scene well. He rolled over, looking emotional. But he smiled when Pentium said, "Goodnight" with a long pause before "Hyung".

So, Kim Min Joon is not alone anymore. He smiles and jokes more... and has found a new family. It is much more heartwarming than just another dull romance. 

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...