Monday, January 11, 2021

Return to Woo Do-Hwan & Studying with 김근용

As much as I want to get back to watching Secret Love Affair, which is a slick little kdrama that has been enjoyable so far, I felt like watching Woo Do-Hwan


Mad Dog - Again!

So I'm getting back to Mad Dog after a bit of an absence. I got sucked into He Is Psychometric. And then Bring It on Ghost was a fast watch since I skipped a whole lot of boring and obvious bits. 

But I was in the mood for something more serious. To be honest, I was also missing a really handsome star. Like, Jinyoung is super cute. Taecyeon is a decent looking guy too. But Woo Do-Hwan is in a whole difference category.

He pretty much lives in that category all alone... but for very few. Seo Kang-Joon is in there with him. Some others come to visit.

I imagine that he might be an acquired taste... but I acquired the taste, I guess. He is stunning to look at, and with that deep voice, I just really enjoy watching and listening to him.

Of course, it also helps immensely that he can act. Not gonna lie, he has had me crying multiple times over the course of the show. Funny how I'm pretty much dead inside in reality... but give me a handsome man crying about a fictional problem, and I cry along with him.

I made two quick videos today too. Above is just... the least serious scene with the Kim Min Joon character. He doesn't have much to smile about usually, so I thought the scene was cute. And below, Woo Do-Hwan speaking English for a minute because I always think that's interesting to hear. Enjoy!



Lots of Korean

Putting this at the end today because I have lots to say. I was super productive! 

Today, I got lots accomplished! I finished a "new" lesson, which was more of a review from other materials I've used. This time, I have it down!

I also looked through Korean textbooks. Up to now, I have been using free internet resources ONLY. But I think it is time to have a book with some examples and samples to practice with. I chose Active Korean 1, since it was developed by Seoul National University Language Institute. Seemed like a good choice, especially for just $28. Should arrive Wednesday.

I also downloaded Soundcloud and added Talk to Me in Korean to my library. I never really listened to the podcasts. I played one early on and didn't find it helpful. Now though, I think it WILL be helpful. So I intend to listen to the lessons after I go over them myself. It will help with pronunciation.


한극 친구, 한극어 연습

(Korean Friend, Korean Language Practice)

I practiced my Korean with 김근용 (romanized as Kim Keun-Yong, maybe?), my favorite language partner. His speaking/listening skills in English are only slightly better than mine in Korean, so we agreed to send voice texts in both to each other to practice speaking and listening. 

Why is he my favorite? He is a really sweet guy. Always concerned about whether I'm sleeping and eating and taking care of my health. Politically, we tend to agree on things. We can talk about work and music and life in general. He explains lots of things to me... like the 11/11 holiday, for instance. 

He is a few years younger than me I believe... 2 or 3 years. That's no big deal here but might be a big enough gap to be a big deal there. I guess maybe if we keep talking for years, I might become a 누나 (Noona) to someone? He is the only language partner who is younger than me.

I might as well add too that he's handsome. That's neither here nor there, but he has a kind smile. It's nice when people's personalities match their faces.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...