Monday, January 11, 2021

Sexual Freedom & Power for Women

I finished translating a conversation in Korean. It wasn't much. Three people got together for someone's birthday, went to a restaurant together, and ordered food. They didn't make it easy. There were some things that needed to be inferred because I hadn't learned it. But it went well.

I also went through some vocabulary. All in all, I'd say it was a fairly successful day of studying Korean.


Secret Love Affair

Since I finished Bring It on Ghost last night, I decided to start another drama. I'm still watching Mad Dog too, but I'm taking my time with it. I wanted another light and/or romance type of drama, and why not have a little noona romance, right?

Well, this is actually much more serious and heavy in tone than expected. It's more like a melodrama. Several things pushed me to watch it though. 

First, it seems more adult than teen, and the last two I watched seemed sort of teen/YA. Second, I adore piano (I took lessons for three years but just really appreciate the sound).

Third, I think Yoo Ah-In looks a bit like Shownu from certain angles.


Sexual Freedom for Women

The women run the show. Early on, it was talking about directors and CEOs and etc. Turns out, they're women. The female lead told her boss, "Hide him in a closet if you don't want to be embarrassed. I'm coming in!" So I thought her boss was gay or at least banging dudes behind his wife's back or something. 

Surprise! The slutty boss wasn't a man. It was a woman. All the women seem to be interested in sex and not afraid to get their needs taken care of... or at least, I believe that will be a theme.

The boss didn't seem embarrassed a bit and slapped the hell out of her subordinate for trying to shame her about having sex with random models and such. Yes.


No Man-on-Woman Violence Yet

The violence so far has been woman-on-woman too. One woman dared to imply that the other was a "Madame". The lady grabbed her by the hair and in the next scene, she was shoving the head of that "bitch" into a toilet. 

Mind you, these are classy women who run an arts and culture institute! I was 100% unprepared for that scene. She got totally gangster with it too, telling the next person to "close the door" so she could flush this bitch. I died!


The I-Hate-Customers Moment

The male lead had a customer service moment that is super relatable. He made a delivery, and the dude was about to just leave. So MC was like, 'yo, you need to pay the delivery fee'.

Old boy said he was 2000 won short and asked for a discount. The MC literally stared at him without a word until the man found the money to pay, took it, and walked away. Never said anything. Just gave this shitty "curl into a ball and die" face.


The audacity! I'm a sales manager. This face sums up how I feel multiple times per day. Especially during covid. Sometimes, even the most nonviolent people just want to stab a client/customer in the face. It happens.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...