Tuesday, September 22, 2020

About Time (2018) Episodes 4-6 & Lots of Studying

 Last night, I talked to people on Tandem for hours and hours. I sorta feel like I didn't accomplish much, but I did get to practice some. I came to realize how bad my spelling is, that some of my vocab isn't used the way I thought, and that it's probably going to be hard to find a partner.

Through all of that, I did get a bit of my latest kdrama watched!

About Time (2018) Episodes 4-6

I didn't realize I watched that much of it yesterday, but I guess I did. I'm about 20 minutes into Episode 7, in fact.

Quite a bit happened with the characters in these episodes. Some love, a stabbing, an ex-girlfriend, and moving in together. It's fast paced, which I've come to expect of kdramas. Love that.

The stabbing was the most memorable occurrence. It was a decent scene. Also, I enjoyed his travelling brother showing up... a bit more fucked up family dynamics is a plus. I've got to say that I need this wine room in my life:

Give me that! It's like a little round room with racks. Yes, please! Love the design but also just want to drink the wine.



I love these close but far shots. In the first, that is a poem on the glass. I adore poetry, so hopefully one day, I'll be able to read Korean poetry and understand some of what it means, if not all the nuances.

The second is the first night as roommates. The wall is showing that her clock has stopped. In some ways, this is like the ultimate "I feel safe with you" vibe. He is literally keeping her from dying.

We also found out that his clock has 70 years or something on it. So potentially, she could live for a very long time. I imagine it will be a happy ending, considering the tone of the show.

On a final side note here, I finally figured out who Im Se Me reminds me of. It's 100% Phoebe Cates. It's not the way she looks, though they look slightly similar. 

It's her mannerisms. The way she moves her mouth when she smiles and talks... the weird lilt in her voice. I finally caught it. It had been driving me nuts! And the tiny bit of sass going on doesn't hurt the comparison.


Today

I studied for a good two and a half hours today. I didn't mean to spend so much time, to be honest... but it's good that I did.

  • Finished lesson 8 vocab
  • Refresher for older vocab
  • Lesson 7 sentence practice
  • Lesson 7 dictation practice
  • Lesson 8 (adverbs) - First section

I might talk to some people on Tandem later too. We will see. My vocabulary is about 400 words right now, which isn't really enough for a decent conversation. 

My spelling seems to be the biggest problem... particularly at the ends of words (which affects grammar). So the words I do know, I can't spell very well. Maybe I should try speaking to someone instead soon.

On the plus side, I'm really good with the grammar!

If I can just get the spelling under control. My dictation skills aren't great either, but I feel like they're probably better than they should be, given my intro level with the language. The grasp on grammar helps a whole lot!


Tomorrow

Tomorrow it's back to work! I'll try to get some studying done. Go back over some vocab... maybe try to focus on spelling. Go over the adverb lesson though, to be honest, I understand it perfectly. Possibly move on to the next section of the lesson.

Oh, and hopefully listen to some new kpop? Maybe check out some more 2NE1, since they were pretty cool.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...