Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Another Kdrama Loses Steam & All My 오빠

 I just got home, and it has been a really long day. I know that I always say this will be a quick blog post, but today, I mean it!


About Time (2018) Episodes 7-13

So, this kdrama took a turn toward the boring. She broke up with him and lied about the reason... twice. It makes sense, but it's not that entertaining. So now, they've been focusing much more on the side characters.

Problem is, I don't care about any of the side characters. I don't care about the musical they're producing. The show never made me care at all about any of that.


Sadly, this means that I've been skipping scenes. Lots of scenes. Ex-fiance goes to talk to his dad? I absolutely know what that scene is without watching. Skipped.

Bratty director has to live like a normal person? Doing dishes? Taking the bus? Don't care... skipped all of that.

Old lady friend has extended scenes talking about philosophical nonsense with Choi Mika and/or random non-characters introduced just to blather? Skipped.


I sorta feel like they didn't have enough content to make this show, and so it has been several episodes of filler. I debated turning it off, but whatever. I'm almost done now.

The cool scenes and shots have slowed to a crawl as well. I managed to take a couple:

This was one of the very few scenes with side characters that I thought was funny. I think Rowoon is endearing, but the character is a bit annoying... and lazy. Her character is also annoying and aggressive... but I can't tell if I like the actress or not.

This shot amused me though. They froze and tracked this Lawyer Park in this same position. As far as cheesy slapstick humor goes, it was cute.

Man... this scene was so sad. I really like the brother character and the actor as well. It's a shame that this was part of the plot. It didn't serve like... some awesome purpose either. But hey, it's a kdrama, and this was definitely dramatic!


This was the big realization that caused their breakup. I thought it was an interesting shot, and I like the time overlays. In this case, the kitchen is curved, so the time overlay also appears curved. I like that. I had no idea this is where the show could go downhill and get boring for episode after episode.
\

And lastly, deal breaker for me! Sorry Lee Sang Yoon, but if you can't handle a horror movie, you're no friend of mine (to steal and bastardize a song lyric). His reaction shot here cracked me up though.


Today & Tomorrow

I didn't do much actual studying today. I went over some vocab. Mostly, I was on Tandem doing language exchange with a bunch of nice 오빠.

I don't know what it's only guys who have reached out, but it is. Some younger, but most older men or right around my age and slightly older. I've had ONE girl reach out to me. Just one. And maybe 10 guys.

Anyway, I learned some new words. I got some help with several things I was having trouble with. I came up with a few really good sentences out of the blue without looking them up. And I only embarrassed myself/offended one person.

It was a good day. I can see why people find language exchange useful from the very beginning! And these men are so nice too. 


Tomorrow, I'll try to do some more vocab... and a section of the lesson I'm working on. I intended to do a section tonight, but I'm too tired. We had to run errands after work, so I'm just now (11:30pm) getting to relax.

If I'm up for it later, I'll do a section. I need some coffee first. If not, I'll just finish About Time (2018) and maybe start something new.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...