Sunday, September 20, 2020

First Time UNB & More NCT & Korean Language Partner

 Yesterday, I did practice conjugations after relaxing for a little while. Then, I finally decided to just roll the dice on a language exchange app. I went with Tandem, despite people saying it's quite Tinder-ish.

So far, I've had one conversation in English with a nice Korean guy whose English is pretty decent. He offered to help me with my Korean, so I sent back a message saying:

"고마워요! 저는 배우고 싶어요."

Just like that... my first Korean texted to a native speaker... from memory, including spelling. Hopefully, it was perfect.

 

UNB

So... who the hell is UNB? I was watching some kpop dance compilations (what else is knew), and a tiny clip of them came up. 


I've never heard of them or seen them before. I assume they were pretty new when this came out, since they have their names on their shirts. But these guys killed this dance! The isolations are crazy. It has some really amazing moments, though sometimes the dance feels a little... random for the music?

The song is actually pretty decent too. I'm going to have to check out some more of their music. Or, at least, some more of their dances.


Latest NCT Obsession

And of course, I'm still diving into NCT, since they're awesome. I don't know who everyone is still, so I should probably get on that. I can recognize a handful of them. Ten, Tae, Logan, Mark... a few others that I recognize when I see them but whose names escape me right now.

I knew that NCT's "Fire Truck" had a really good dance because it popped up as recommended all the time... both the dance practice and reactions to the dance practice. That's a good sign.

The music itself is great. That superhero type move is so sick! It looks easy, but it was surprising and nicely executed. And they're very in sync throughout the practice. Killin' it!

Now, I cannot say that these dudes can "do no wrong" by any means. There have been boring songs for sure in their catalogue. But man... they have so many fun songs and dance routines! Love them!


The Encounter (2018) / Boyfriend

So, I didn't quit the show, but I did end up skipping some slow stuff here and there just to get to the end without losing my mind. I regret nothing. I have one episode left and will finish it tonight.

The only surprise for me was Park Bo-Gum's acting, which is better than expected. He sobbed his eyes out and was incredibly convincing. Who knew such a goofy type of dude had it in him, hmmm?


This is the only picture that I took this time. I thought it was a beautiful breakup shot... him reaching out slightly, her already out the door. I was tempted to take several shots of Jang Seung-Jo just for being attractive, but I resisted.

This might just serve as my final notes on the series because it's clear how it will end. First, I still think her ex-husband is a better fit. He is a victim of the way he was raised... just like her. He did his best for her.

Second, there was FAR too much product placement in this kdrama! And it was super awkwardly done too. The Subway scenes were so cheesy... the coffee/tea powder was grafted in for no reason. The bottled beverages with the labels to camera? Come on, man... that's so stupid and obvious.


Today & Tomorrow

I did a bunch of vocab, testing myself with words in English to see if I remembered the Korean. If I see the Korean word, it's much easier to come up with the English meaning.

Otherwise, I just looked through language partners. I might practice writing a bit more tonight. We will see. I have two days off though, so I won't stress it. I'll definitely get some studying in tomorrow and the next day, since I'll have time.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...