Saturday, September 19, 2020

2NE1 & Maybe Quitting My First Drama?

 I decided to look through my YouTube kpop playlist. I pretty much just throw stuff in there when I'm drinking and catch a song that seems cool... to check it out later. The only time I've ever caught a song so hard that I listened to it a bunch of times was NCT U "Boss". All the others just end up in there.

I hadn't really looked at it. Today, I figured, why not? And I saw that I had a whole slew of songs by 2NE1.

2NE1

I had no recollection of who/what 2NE1 was. Like, none at all. So I played the first one on the list:


I didn't remember "Come Back Home" at all when it started. The video seemed vaguely familiar, and the girl can sing. But it didn't seem special or interesting musically. I was surprised that I bothered to add it clear through what I thought was the chorus.

Then, it launched into "Come baby baby, come come baby baby" with the electro vibes, and I was like... woah, okay. This must be why I added it, right?

Then, the rapper chick started, and she's decent. More startling was the shift in music to a mellow Latin type of vibe. Interesting. I can see now why I added it. I'll have to check out the other songs on the list too. Apparently, these ladies have something cool going on.

The Encounter (2018)

So, this is really starting to bore me a little bit. I sorta want her to end up with her ex-husband instead... I'm itching for more drama in this "drama". I contemplated stopping it and starting something else even. But the imagery is still cool. Some more beautiful shots:




We will see if I stick with it or just bail and start something else. I'm about to start Episode 12. It better hook me in a hurry, or I'll just consider this one a cutie that was "fine" but got tiresome or something.

Today

I want to study some more before I eat, but I'm too hungry to concentrate. I've been up for about 12 hours and haven't eaten anything. If I feel better after, I'll practice some conjugations and do more vocab. So far today, I've done a bunch of vocab and that's it. I'll see what I can do! I feel like a definite slacker.
파이팅!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...