Friday, September 18, 2020

Stray Kids & Boyfriend (2018) & Laziness

 I didn't get much time to practice today. After dinner, I intend to go over my conjugations from yesterday. Or maybe before dinner if I keep this short?

Stray Kids "Double Knot"

I mentioned in a previous blog post how I first heard this song, thought it was good, and added it to my playlist... only to realize later it was on there twice? English and Korean versions. Well, this was the first song that random played today. And it just kept playing over and over.

I swear, it played this every five seconds. Two songs... and then this song. All day. It's a good song, but I even skipped it a couple times because it was a whole lot. I also removed the English version from my personal playlist when I switched over to that and it continued to play over and over.

So what did I do when I got home? Listened to NCT in the shower (because I'm still hardcore about some of their songs) and, the second I was out, started watching the dance practice video for "Double Knot".


I've gotta say that I think this song is good, but the dance has some really killer choreo. Plus, these guys are really good dancers. I didn't know any of the songs and hadn't gotten hooked on any, but I had watched their dance videos before. Stray Kids can definitely dance. I'm gonna have to watch this a few more times. Their transitions are interesting, and the levels were sorta goofy at times but also sorta cool? 


The Encounter (2018) / Boyfriend

I gotta say that boyfriend is a way better name for this drama. No? Like, the encounter happened in the first episode... and then it's a regular thing for them to see each other. So, by this logic, you could call any drama where they meet in the first episode "The Encounter". Why did they change it?


At any rate, I can see why some people think this is boring and/or just not very good. It's slow, and there isn't much going on outside of their relationship. From my experience so far, that's a good thing. It's not bogged down with poorly written and executed side characters that I don't care about at all. 

But the real reason I'm enjoying it? I'm still enthralled by kdramas and perpetually amazed at the locations and types of shots they use. They're gorgeous. I adore the cinematography, so I'm including some nicely framed/interesting shots.


This tower thing just exists in Korea someplace? It's beautiful! For such a muted scene with dull colors, this is absolutely lovely.


This shot goes super high. It's like a drone shot of the landscape from the second photo. Again, it's just beautiful. Changing the camera angles and using these type of locations 100% keep me interested. 


One more shot for contrast. First, the blue is super vibrant. Second, the angle on the staircase creates really interesting lines. Third, it's the two of them finding each other again unexpectedly, which is cute for the story.

No more pictures. I will say this though, I really like Jang Seung-Jo's character and performance. I get the feeling that her ex-husband loved her and knew she wasn't happy... so he staged a fake affair and asked for a divorce, hoping she would come back on her own and be happy because it was her choice.

To be honest, I'd rather see that story! Plus, he is a good actor and super easy to look at. Win-win-win. I'm surprised he isn't a bigger star, to be honest.


Today & Tomorrow

Okay, off to eat dinner. I'll see if I feel like studying more afterward. I have to get up early tomorrow and might just take it easy.

  • Recapped vocab from previous lesson
  • Reviewed new vocab words from yesterday
  • Learned a couple more new words
  • Reviewed irregular conjugation rules
Tomorrow will be slower at work, so whether I do more tonight or not, I'll get studying in tomorrow for sure. I mostly just want to check out kpop dance videos and watch some more of my current kdrama. Such a slacker!

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...