Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Boyz: Members Memorized & Road Almost Taken

 I didn't study at all today because I was super hungover. I don't feel too bad though, since I studied so much yesterday. I'll do better tomorrow.


The Boyz & Road to Kingdom

A friend on Twitter (@KadieNala) recommended that I watch Road to Kingdom. It is a reality show that came out this past year. I had read about it briefly but had no reason to watch it at the time. Now though, I am interested in both The Boyz and Verivery (hella good dancers, both). 

So, I started watching. But the more groups hopped into the show, the harder it was to tell everyone apart. I've got the Hangul names for all the groups down, but sometimes the subtitles are OVER the group/member names.

I decided to pause and watch a guide to The Boyz. I am going to finish the first episode today, at least. But I thought it was a good idea to get to know the members. Tomorrow, I might do the same with Verivery.

I haven't seen any of the performances from Road to Kingdom yet, but I'm pretty stoked to see some! Hopefully, they will be good. Kadie mentioned The Boyz covering Taemin. I mean, how could that NOT be awesome? Right?


The Boyz Members

I tried a few guides that were junk. Really, the memes with a bunch of other members mean nothing to non-fans or not-yet fans. I ended up using this one (which was much more helpful than most):


I've found that watching American interviews are helpful for cementing their names in my head and matching names with faces. The American interviews/shows are more likely to include their names every time a member speaks.

So after the guide, I watched a few misc things... and now I've got it. I know them all on sight and think that I know who does what. I feel like I'm getting faster and faster at learning who members are in each group not that I've figured out what works for me.


Bias not yet confirmed, though I have to say that I'm still drawn to Q... when he is dancing anyway. He seems like a goofy, nice kid. But the dancing? I caught the Mario dance in the guide and watched that too. It's slick af.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...