Wednesday, March 17, 2021

ATEEZ: The Instant Bias

 I went through some vocab today but was a bit too busy for much else as far as studying goes. I didn't post yesterday because the power was out. Yes, I have a vacation for once, and I woke up to no electricity... and it didn't return until 9:30pm. Fml.


ATEEZ

So, I have been aware of them as a dance group for years. Since before debut I think. Which also means they were one of the groups that I liked long before I cared about kpop music. I just love dancing, as mentioned before.

I have maybe 7 ATEEZ songs in my playlist now, so I know I like the music. I've always liked the dancing. So, I decided to learn who the members are. It was easier for them than most. They each have distinct looks, but I also know their dance styles by now.


Instant Bias

They say that your bias chooses you... you don't choose your bias. This was the first time for me that this seemed 100% true. As soon as I learned the member names, it was all over for me. San is my bias.

Strangely, he always has been. Before I knew the members, I occasionally would see a move or a little moment in an interview and think, "I really ought to learn the members". 

Surprise! Literally every single time I ever thought that over the years, the member who killed the dance move or did the endearing thing... it was San. I spent the entire evening watching all the interviews and videos I ever saw of them.

Every single time... San. That is crazy to me. But I seriously love him. As good as some of the others are at dancing too, my eyes have always gone to him. 

For instance, in the above clip (which I have seen many many times), my eyes only left San a couple times, even when he was in the back. The stage presence is unreal.

End of blog post. For real. I just wanted to share.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...