Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Cix Are Amazing Kpop Dancers & D-Day Episodes 4-10

 This will be quick. I've somehow gotten into the habit of writing crazy long blog posts. It's time consuming, and I don't want to do it. So... short and fast.


New Kpop

Last night, I mostly watched D-Day, but I was drinking too. So, I needed frequent music breaks. I came across Cix during, what else, dance compilation videos. They were so in sync, and the choreo was super unique.

I found three of four songs that had amazing dancing AND were really smooth music tracks too. "Numb" by Cix is the one that I watched the most times. This is such a tight practice session, the song is slick, and that blue-haired boy is killing it (he seems to kill it in every video, actually).

I know nothing about these dudes, though they don't seem to be that popular. I've not seen any of their MVs or read/watched anything about the members. But these boys dance their asses off!


D-Day (2015)

I watched way too many episodes last night and today to do a thorough review on them. There are a few sweet moments. The action is fairly consistent, which is one of the benefits of the disaster genre... something can go wrong any second.

The hospital director is a bit one-note, and it's getting old. Some of the side characters are wearing a little thin in general. There is no character development to speak of... so they're all one-note. The sexism is getting old by now too.

There have also been a slew of groan-worthy moments. Like... turning the boat key together (each with one hand on the key) just for luck or something... the firemen expending tons of energy to rescue a dog (who didn't seem even remotely sooty) and laughing it off... those type of things.

The scenes in which the lead characters endlessly (and loudly) talk in a room full of sleeping people? That's so stupid. Getting stuck in a pothole on the side of a super wide road? Also stupid. I mean, look at this!


How? Just... how? It's all for convenience. They also make a big deal about anyone moving vehicles through these destroyed streets... so where is this and how did they get through to this point if they drive so badly they got stuck on the only pothole in miles?

The motorbike jump over the sinkhole/broken road was also idiotic. Really? Not only is that the biggest cliché in the universe, but there was even a convenient ramp-like pile of rubble right at the edge? 

Despite all the convenient, cliché, and/or stupid writing, I'm still having lots of fun watching and haven't skipped parts (even the ones I'd really like to skip). Most of the reason is just... Kim Young-Kwang. He is handsome and also pretty goofy. I have a weakness for that.


This was the exact moment when I realize just how soft I am for this actor. I thought it was noteworthy since it isn't a sexy or smoldering or sweet shot. He just looked up from what he was doing. You would think it would have been something like these:



The goofy-cute... the half-naked handsome dude. But nope. It was just some random 'slice of life' type of face. Who knew? Anyway, I've graduated to a straight fan of his. I like Jung So-Min okay too actually, but I find some aspects of this character pretty annoying (the petulant, pouty, slapping/kicking child thing is old by now).


Today & Tomorrow

  • Completed start to finish the Lesson 9 vocab (39 words)
  • Finished Lesson 8 & reviewed earlier sections of lesson 8
  • Wrote all 50 of the Lesson 8 vocab words in my journal

Tomorrow, I intend to do the sentence/dictation practice for Lesson 8... and/or practice all the example sentences in the chapter. Plus, I'm going to review the vocab for Lesson 9 if possible.
파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...