Monday, September 14, 2020

Sad Eyes & NCT & Conjugations Complete

 Yesterday, I didn't really study at all. I might have looked at a few vocabulary words, but I mostly just worked and then watched some stuff.

The Smile Has Left Your Eyes

I wasn't completely sold on the drama for a while, but it's definitely got some nice moments.



I mean, look at him with this cat! It looks genuinely freaked out. I'm not a cat person (super allergic, in fact), but it's pretty cute. It was an interesting moment with the cop as well... seemed to trigger a memory too. The cop later asks if it is the first time the guy had had a cat. I'm thinking that the guy had a cat as a kid, and I'm guessing the cop is his brother or something.


Seriously, why were there so many interesting moments with this cat? There were some beautiful rooftop/cityscape scenes in which he holds this cat too. I just wonder if it will come into play as a plot point. 

Anyway, I'm enjoying the drama thus far. The subtitles were super rocky in the first episode, and the writing seemed sort of week from the jump... a bit of a confusing mess. But it is getting sorted. I even like the lead actress, which is surprising. They have nice chemistry too (both with her cop brother and the romantic lead):


Even in this shot above, it seems like she doesn't want to kiss on the one hand but is, on the other hand, enjoying it. Decent acting skills, clearly. And she's pretty cute as well. She is by far my favorite female lead of the kdramas I've seen.

More NCT

I checked out a bunch more NCT last night before watching the drama. I listened to "Regular", "Superhuman", "Kick It", "Cherry Bomb", "The 7th Sense", and "Black on Black".

I had already the video, dance practice, and one performance of "Black on Black". I'd heard "Cherry Bomb" and seen one dance clip before too. And I had definitely seen the dance from "7th Sense" mixed into kpop dance compilations before.

The big big winner for me though was "Baby Don't Stop" by NCT U. Taeyoung and Ten killed this dance! When the beat drops and they do that move with the leg/hip ending with the look over the shoulder? Wow. I do not find Taeyoung that attractive when he's just standing there, but he is super sexy when he dances. Ten is too... but Tae steals the show in that first scene.

And yes, I confirmed since last time that the pink haired Gucci dude from "Boss" was Taeyoung, as expected. I've also decided that Logan (I think that's his name?) has an amazing deep voice and that Mark is a crazy good dancer too. But nothing beats Taeyoung and Ten:


Not only did the dance blow my mind (it totally did), but the beat is amazing on this. I'd listen to it instrumental. The whispering sounds sick with the beat. Tae sings as well as raps apparently (?!), which is cool... but his super fast rap near the end while Ten sings in the background is awesome. I am all for dancing, but I will actually listen to this without the video. 

Today

I tried to make up for yesterday with a bit of extra studying today. I even moved on to the next lesson, finally.
  • Practiced conjugations for present/past/future in each level of honorifics
  • Practiced plain form conjugation and mid-sentence adjective conjugation
  • Went through all prior vocab specifically for difficult words
  • Finished half of the next lesson: Irregulars ㅅ,ㄷ &ㅂ
I'm going to watch some more of The Smile Has Left Your Eyes.

Tomorrow

It's back to work! Maybe some more vocab. Probably some more practice with conjugations. Hopefully a few that cover the irregulars I learned today as well. We will see though. I try to get some studying in at work because I may be too tired to study when I get home. Fingers crossed that I find some time.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...