Sunday, September 6, 2020

Slacker or Star?

Well, I accomplished a little today. It's 11pm, and I'm just now finished eating dinner and ready to relax. I doubt I'll get much more studying in today.

Today

I practiced writing conjugations (with lots of vocabulary too). I focused on present tense today... casual, informal, and formal. I didn't get through lots of sentences mostly because I was at work and was trying to remember my spelling for the vocab while writing the conjugations for each level of formality. It takes a little while, even though I feel that I write relatively fast in Korean.

Writing... Check. Speaking...

In the shower, I made up a conversation in my head and practiced speaking. I imagined arriving at an airport and asking for directions to a museum. 

Which direction... is it far... could we walk there... okay, so we should grab a taxi? And then some flirting too because why not? When I could, I filled in the other side of the conversation as well.

I don't know all the words for some of this, like directions (left, right, distances, etc), but I improvised using what I do know. I feel like I did well. It was a tiny bit slower than I'd actually speak, but that's to be expected. And really, I think that if I was in Korea, they would have understood me. I was also practicing in polite speech.

After this, I tried to find resources for Korean language exchange. I'd like to find a partner, but I'm not sure how best to find one. I'll keep looking.

Check. Entertainment... Obvious Check.

And what am I about to do? Finish Just Between Lovers... for real this time! I have 30 minutes or so left. I just ran out of time and had to go to bed last night. Then, I'm going to start another and/or check out some kpop over drinks, since I have tomorrow off.

Tomorrow

Again, I hope to do the next part of the lesson or two... since I haven't. Maybe some vocab. Perhaps some more practice writing conjugations and speaking. We will see.

I definitely intend to be watching a new kdrama for some of tomorrow too. Of course.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...