Saturday, December 26, 2020

Done Sleeping on Jeno & NCT U "From Home"

 Studied a little bit at work today... but not much. I went over the three most recent lessons. I feel like I've got them down pretty well. I'll try to study more tomorrow.


NCT 2020 MAMA - From Home

Okay, so I do like the song "From Home" by NCT U. The studio version is a nicely done 90's R&B song, basically. They show off their skills, and it has a nice old school vibe.

I put off watching the award show performances because I didn't have much time. Not just NCT but all of the groups. And not just MAMA but all of the award ceremonies.

Anyway, I just got around to this performance tonight, and man... it's so good. Doyoung and Taeil in particular murdered this track. Not shocking, since they are the "main" vocalists in 127.

I know people are obsessed with Haechan and all, but honestly, Doyoung has such a pure voice and beautiful tone. His runs are amazing. And Taeil hits those high notes like a champ. Doyoung is my favorite NCT vocalist by a fair margin though. You just can't beat a gorgeous vocal tone.

This was a super enjoyable performance. I mostly stan NCT for the dancing and slick raps with vocal breaks that show real singing skill. But honestly, I think NCT vocals are only rivaled by Exo from what I've heard. Like, they're singer singers.


Jeno from NCT Dream

I've clearly been into NCT for quite a long while now, and they are easily one of my top 3 favorites. But I only really listen to NCT 127 and NCT U. Dream is... a bit cutesy? I think "Ridin'" made my playlist and not much else.

So... I hadn't really bothered to learn all their names. I know some of the names but not the face to go with it... that type of thing. Anyway, I was watching the K-Choreo 8k performance of NCT 2020 "Resonance" tonight. And there was obviously lots going on that was super fun to watch.

But what struck me the most? This blue-haired dude's dancing and attitude. Even from the super wide shot of this part of the performance! So, I had to figure out who he was:

So I caught the lines and skipped through one of those color-coded videos until I found Jeno. Once I saw his face, I was like... "Oh, that's the center from Dream, right?" He had never impressed me much before, but then... I've never been that impressed by Dream's videos in general. I'm into dance practices.

Long story short... I might have to watch some of their dance practices a bit more closely and figure out who they all are. Some snippets of their choreo... awesome. But really, this is the first time I got really caught by one of the dreamies (that wasn't Mark).

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...