Thursday, December 24, 2020

Mad Dog: Revenge on Evil Insurance Companies

 Today, I went over my last lesson and started a new one. This one was a bit more complicated, but I think I've got it down. We will see tomorrow. I picked up a tiny bit of vocab but still haven't really studied vocab in a while.


Mad Dog & Super Bromance

I've been watching this drama for a while (post: Lonely with People vs Lonely Without. I took a break to watch something a bit lighter (He Is Psychometric: posts 1 & 2), but tonight, after watching a whole lot of Got7 videos to get my fill of Park Jinyoung, I felt like getting into something a bit heavier.

Woo Do-Hwan in Mad Dog 2019
Loving the turn the bromance has taken. The two are starting to understand each other more and clearly care about each other.

I think the two have also silently acknowledged how lonely the other is. They seem to be almost ready to be outright "family".

Currently (ep 10), they are living together for the time being. Sharing meals, learning about each other. It's sweet.

In its way, it's also much more satisfying than the average hetero romance we see over and over. They're becoming brothers. Plus, I legitimately love watching Woo Do-Hwan, and his character is such a vulnerable tough guy that it's impossible not to love him.


F*ck Insurance Companies

Today, what has struck me most is that this drama is hella anti-insurance companies. Like, people are getting scammed left and right. It's also a bit "down with shady big business" via the airline industry. But mostly, it's a big middle finger to insurance companies.

Not only did the company pay out a huge sum for a fake suicide, but they refused payment on tiny policies under similar circumstances. They're getting people killed. In one particularly repugnant twist, they blackmail a father by withholding a kidney transplant from a young girl. I mean... it's pretty over the top.

Woo Do-Hwan in Mad Dog 2019

So, every time they stick it to the insurance company, it is enjoyable. Getting the company bad press, causing them to lose money, and just generally annoying the managers and directors... all super fun. Looking forward to seeing them crash and burn (no pun intended with the plane crash and all).

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...