Thursday, December 17, 2020

Stray Kids: Finally Learning About the Kids

 I did study a little bit today at work. I didn't get to learn new things but practiced again the stuff I had learned. Going over it helps. No vocab either. Ugh.


Listening to Stray Kids

So, I've been listening to Stray Kids for a long time now. Like, I'm into rap, R&B, dancing, and slick tracks with lots of movement. They're not big on the R&B part... nice vocals but not the focus. Needless to say, I'm into the songs.

"Easy" somehow became my favorite. It has an amazing groove to it and is a bit more consistent with less jarring transitions than many of their other songs. It is just polished with sick rapping from Changbin. Felix also got more shine than on many tracks, so that's a win in my book.

Anyway, their songs are in heavy rotation. I dig them. I'd also seen many of the MVs. I had seen lots of dance practices before I much cared about the music. I've been watching kpop dance practices for years without listening to the songs really. I just love dancing.


Stray Kids Members

All that said, tonight, I finally buckled down and learned who all the members are and a bit more about them. I know. It's pitiful to know so many of their songs, many bits of choreo, etc... and have no idea who most of the members are. This is what I knew:

  • Bang Chan: Super recognizable for some reason. Leader.
  • Felix: Deep voice. Prettiest face by a long shot. Super good dancer.
  • Changbin: Sickest rapper. Amazing tone and grit in his voice.
  • Han: Solid rapper for sure. Super recognizable.
  • Hyunjin: Rapper. Visual similar to others, but the rap/dance set him apart.

Basically, I knew the main rappers... and the leader. I also tended to recognize Seungmin (unique features) but didn't know his name. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure about most members during, say, an interview. If they weren't rapping, I didn't know who was who as much. The first three on the list. That was all I knew 100%.


Now, I easily recognize on-sight all of the members EXCEPT Lee Know. Every single time I'm like... wtf, who is that one?... it is always Lee Know. So basically, he is "the other one". I get that he is supposed to be a visual by Korean beauty standards, but there's just nothing memorable about his face for me as yet.

I also recognize Woojin and pretty much always have. He has a nice voice, and I found him quite... odd looking? Like, you know how an old person looks without their false teeth in their mouth? He has that sort of look somehow. I know, I know... don't crucify me Stay! I'm just being honest. 


I think it's too early to have a bias. Felix and Changbin are definitely the most obvious contenders though. Hmmm... and Han too. But... I'm gonna say it will be Felix or Changbin. Final answer.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...