Friday, September 25, 2020

Itaewon Class ep1-4 & I Don't Not Want to Negate

Quick post today! I have to work earlier on Saturdays than usual. The shorter the post, the sooner I can get back to watching my kdrama, right?


Itaewon Class (2020)

This drama was recommended to me by Woong. As mentioned before, he is my longest running (and favorite) Korean language exchange partner. He wasn't sure that I'd like it, but I was ready to give it a go.

Honestly, I love it! It's so damn good. It's only my second time seeing Park Seo-Joon. I watched What's Wrong with Secretary Kim? as my second ever kdrama. I enjoyed it but wasn't wild about Park's character. There wasn't enough character development for my taste. I eventually lost interest and quit watching before finishing the last episode.

At the rate I'm going with Itaewon Class, I don't think that will happen. First, Park is killing it. He's clueless and awkward socially... and he's still endearing. You don't cringe so hard that you become uncomfortable, so you just want to take care of the dude. That is a tough balance, but he's doing it very well.


I'm guessing there is about to be a love triangle. The social media star just decided to work for Park and realized she likes him. I am already liking the potential character development for her and hope she is the primary love interest. I'm guessing she will be, since the show opens with her.

The other part of the love triangle... not a fan of the character. It works well for the drama, but I feel like it could veer into super annoying territory any second. The actress reminds me of Shannon Doherty in 1. looks and 2. acting ability. The latter is sort of a problem.



The images above are from the first scene that had me 100% sold on this entire drama. The "soup incident", as I will call it, was epic and amusing and strangely ultraviolent without any blood or gore. Impressive. I love that we're getting character development for the good guys and bad guys and side characters. Super nicely done!


Today & Tomorrow

I reviewed some vocab today... maybe 60 words.
I did the next long section of Lesson 8.

So, now I know how to negate sentences, which is going to be super helpful for conversations on Tandem. I mean, it's hard not being able to say "I don't speak Korean well". But maybe that's obvious, huh?

Tomorrow is Saturday, which tends to be slow at work. So I hope to get some practice in on the negative sentences. And some more vocabulary is a must. I haven't reviewed Lesson 8 vocab much at all, and I haven't started Lesson 9 vocab yet at all!

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...