Friday, January 8, 2021

Diving into 2PM: Junho & Taecyeon Dramas

Today, I mostly practiced yesterday's lesson from memory. I've got it down and will start a new one soon. I also spent a good 30-40 minutes speaking both sides of a conversation in Korean. I think it went pretty well. 


Bring It on Ghost

So, as mentioned in a previous post, I've been watching Bring It on Ghost. I should mention that I've been skipping some parts. Like, say, the police officers investigating the bad guy. It's pretty obvious stuff. Also some bit with the monk's gross-out humor (that actor does it well though).

I had never seen Ok Taecyeon before, but I had head his name. So far, he has been pretty engaging, and he is a decent looking guy for this type of action/romance. He is built like an action star for sure. He makes shots like this look good:

I looked him up a few days ago when I recognized his name. He was a member of the kpop group 2PM, which suddenly made sense. I've looked them up several times because of kdramas.


First was Chansung because he was in What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. I didn't really like his character at all in it, but I thought he did an okay job considering. I also didn't see what was so swoon-worthy about him (as the characters in the drama fawned over him). So I looked him up out of curiosity.

Second was Junho because of Rain or Shine. This was totally different. I loved his character in Rain or Shine, and I couldn't believe what a stellar performance he gave. I was shocked when I found out he was a pop idol because he was clearly a talented actor.

He is also an attractive guy who was fun to watch in dance clips and whatnot. I found it fascinating how funny and goofy he is in reality vs the seriousness of his character in Rain or Shine. Super impressed!


Time to Check 2PM Out

Tonight, I thought maybe I should give their songs a chance, since I know 3 members at this point. So I went to their wiki. Surprise! I know 4 of them!

I knew nothing about Jay Park except for his music and some music from his label. Dude is in my playlist. I knew he was influential (and deserved to be). That was it.

So, now we have Taecyeon, Chansung, my dear talented Junho, and Jay Park. Four of the maximum 7 member group. Interesting, hmmm? You know a group is pretty legendary when you accidentally know who the members are! 

I decided to watch a guide and learn more about them. It's a guide filled with music too. So... win-win. I'm about halfway through it now, and Taecyeon's rapping in a clip of the above song, "My House", made it the first in my playlist. We will see where the journey leads.

파이팅!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heroes, Heroes Everywhere (And Every Gender)

 I am a fan of Come and Hug Me , though it has taken me months to get through it. There have been some issues, mostly with repetition. In th...